Saturday, mom surprised me with Grandma's homemade egg noodles. I had been feeling a bit down, and it certainly helped! With extra chicken broth, they blended up to a drinkable version that still tastes like the noodles I love.
We also bought a tortilla soup mix I look forward to trying this week. I miss me some tacos!!
Sunday, I concocted some pizza. Well, kinda. Pizza taste, at least.
Here's what I used:
Progresso Reduced Sodium Tomato Parmesan
8-10 Pepperoni slices
3 Ritz Crackers
Shredded Cheese (I had Colby-jack on hand. I think mozzarella or shredded Parmesan would have been better).
First, I chopped the pepperoni slices in the blender. Then I threw in the crackers and chopped some more. The soup was heated through on the stovetop, and the cheese was added to the sauce pan so it would melt completely. I poured the contents of the sauce pan into the blender and blended it all together. Drinkable "pizza"!
Those who know me know well enough that I'm a picky eater. I generally don't even like food touching too much on the plate, so blending it all into one mush has been gag-inducing and quite a challenge. I will never tell a child that "it all mixes together anyway," especially after this experience. Foods just lose their flavors when blended. I don't care for most sauces and usually order items "dry" and eat meals without extra condiments, save a little ketchup or mustard on occasion, so I really miss some of my normal stuff that is just impossible to eat right now. I've never been a soup eater, either, so that has been another challenge. I generally like my foods as least soupy as possible. Watery rice grosses me out on a normal day. That said, I'm obviously still having to adjust to this temporary diet, and it's a daily challenge. I'm just glad to have found some alternatives to sweet juices, smoothies, and protein shakes. I can't wait for crunchy foods!
Glad the noodles worked for you. Let me know when you want more and I will see what I can do.
ReplyDelete